Issue: RPC Service Not Getting Started after recovering Server from OS Crash
- All Automatic services fail to start
- RPC Service Not starting
- Unable to view description of Services in extended mode in services console.
- Unable to view properties of eventlogs
- Repeated userenv errors in eventlogs
- Open MMC (Start–Run–MMC)
- Go to File–Add/Remove Snap-In
- Add ‘Security Configuration and Analysis’
- Right click on ‘Security Configuration and Analysis’ & select ‘Open Database’
- Open C:\Windows\Security\Database
- Type a name for database (Ex: test)
- Now select execute File–‘Setup Security.inf’ (C:\Windows\Security\Templates).
- Right Click on ‘Security Configuration and Analysis’ and select ‘Configure Now’
- Reboot the server
All Automatic Services will be up and running and the server is restored to normal position.
this is working 🙂
Thanks for the life saving tip. It was spot-on for resolving services issue after drive corruption.