To enabling Remote Desktop using regedit, follow these steps:
- Run REGEDIT from Start>Run
- Click on File, then select Connect Network Registry (ensure that remote registry service is running on remote system)
- Type the remote computer IP or host name in the Enter the object name to select and the click OK
- If you don’t have permission to access the remote computer, the logon screen will show up. Type the username and password for the remote computer. Then click OK.
- Now, the remote computer is listed in the Registry Editor.
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server, in the right panel, select fDenyTSConnection (REG_DWORD). Change the value data from 1 (Remote Desktop disabled) to 0 (Remote Desktop enabled).
- Close the registry